2010/09/02

Yong Vui Kong

Ok, I'll be frank about this.

I don't give a damn about the guy's sob story. It's not that I'm some heartless guttersnipe who doesn't feel a thing about a man who was impoverished and not well-educated, complete with a complicated family background. I get it.

But was there no other way out? Really?

Was it really worth the risk, taking drugs to a place notorious for drug crackdowns like Singapore?

Was he ignorant to the fact Singapore punishes this offense by death?

My condolences to Yong Vui Kong's family and friends, but I have to agree with Singapore's Law Minister Mr K. Shanmugam.
“Yong Vui Kong is young. But if we say ‘We let you go’, what is the signal we are sending?”
 I understand that Singapore has it's own issues regarding nationality and what not, but the core message to the  kids out there.
 DON'T GET INVOLVED IN DRUG TRAFFICKING
&
DON'T DO ANYTHING STUPID YOU KNOW YOU WILL REGRET.

No comments:

Post a Comment